I help organisations achieve effective, collaborative growth. I am a fluent communicator and collaborator, with 23 years experience delivering strategic partnerships and advocacy as a lawyer, commercial technologist, entrepreneur and activist.
- designs for collaborative growth, including partnerships, ecosystems & joint projects
- success in complex commercial negotiations
- business development strategy for intellectual property
- executive management
- cross-functional team composition & leadership
- coaching, support & mediation
In 2000 I joined Magic Circle law firm Allen & Overy as a trainee solicitor and qualified into the commercial IP group, working on Communications, Media & Technology deals internationally for 5 years.
In 2005 I moved to Symbian Software as Legal Counsel to re-write Symbian OS licensing and expand software distribution with semiconductor reference designs.
After 2 years I joined Google's legal team as UK Counsel, advising on UK policy, global product launches and commercial deals.
Within 18 months the Android team asked me to lead their new business development in EMEA, becoming Android's first business person outside the US.
After 7 years building Android partnerships, including 2 years creating the Android Africa team, I left Google to pursue scale-up journeys in payments, mobile health, fintechs and NGOs.
I spent 3 years co-founding and growing Peek Vision, an IP spin-out from The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, by creating partnerships with INGOs, Governments, Universities, Funders and Industry to deliver eye care at population scale.
I also led partnerships at Silverfin, introducing scale-up practices and a new marketplace for accountant developers.
I coach founders and CEOs on their collaboration journeys and am a qualified mediator.
I also work on Boards helping organisations navigate all forms of collaboration for growth and creation.
2020-2022 : Silverfin
Vice President, Partnerships
- member of executive team
- responsible for platform integrations, marketplace & growth partnerships
- delivered >100% yoy growth in marketplace revenue
- created strategy for international growth
2015-2018 : Peek Vision
Co-founder & Chief Impact Officer
- Executed IP spin-out from International Centre for Eye Health @ London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine & NHS trusts
- Built research & delivery partnerships with Ministries of Health, Universities, INGOS & industry
- Fundraising, multinational & multi-discipline team, medical research, programme deployment
2015-2016 : Fortumo
Chief Revenue Officer
- Responsible for sales, partnerships & product development (mobile payments for app stores)
- Launched with Google Play & telco app stores
2008-2015 : Google
mobile & payments
Android Partnerships, EMEA
- Founded the Android ecosystem in EMEA
- Grew annual revenue from 0 to >£500m, acquiring >350m Android users across >100 countries
- >60 partnerships with telcos, retailers & OEMs
- created Africa strategy & dedicated team (blueprint for global emerging markets)
2007-2008 : Google
Legal Counsel for UK & Ireland
- Joint head of Legal for UK & Ireland
- commercial, litigation & product advice, UK law enforcement officer
- acquisitions support (DoubleClick)
- global telecoms lead
2005-2007 : Symbian
mobile software platform
- software licensing, semiconductor reference designs, device development
- strategic partnerships, patent licensing, acquisitions
2000-2005 : Allen & Overy
international law firm
Trainee & Associate
- commercial agreements
- IP licensing (software, telecoms, biotech)
- M&A (IP advice)
1998 & 1999 : Barlow, Lyde & Gilbert
specialist law firm
- professional negligence litigation
mobile: 447920 231 520